In today’s fast-paced digital world, artificial intelligence (AI) has become a prominent player, revolutionising various aspects of our lives. Charities and fundraisers are no exception to this transformative wave.
As we at goDonate implement further AI functionality to support donation success, we thought it would be insightful for our audience to show how AI can be used practically to optimise user journeys and leverage data for digital fundraising.
We recently presented a webinar, collating content from our own research, into the practical ways charities can benefit from using AI. We subsequently created this blog by using the transcript of the webinar and asking ChatGPT to repurpose content as an article (although it did need some editing by a human!)
Please be aware that AI tools we mentioned in this blog are examples only. We do not endorse these tools specifically and urge you to research the many AI tools available that will meet your specific needs and budget.
To watch the 30 minute webinar, please drop us an email at: email@example.com
The two key areas we looked at where AI can support digital fundraising were: user journey optimisation and data insights. The following gives some practical use of AI to enhance or simplify your efforts in these two areas.
User Journey Optimisation with AI
- Content Creation: AI-driven content creation tools offer compelling and engaging content. From catchy headlines to persuasive copy, AI can generate tailored and optimised content for donation landing pages and social media campaigns. Tools like ChatGPT, Bard and Headlime plugin can assist in crafting effective content.
- Call to Actions (CTAs): AI can analyse historical data to recommend and guide the selection and placement of CTAs. Tools like Persado and Phrasee use natural language generation techniques to create personalised CTAs for enhanced conversion rates.
- SEO Optimisation: AI-powered tools can suggest relevant keywords, meta tags, and content structure improvements to optimise donation landing pages and improve search engine visibility. Platforms like SEMrush now incorporate AI features to boost organic traffic.
- Image Creation: AI tools such as Dall-e, Canva, and DeepArt.io can create images from scratch or generate variants of existing images to evoke emotion and drive donations. Be cautious about authenticity and be open with your audience about using AI-generated imagery.
- Assistance and Personalisation: AI-driven chatbots like TensorFlow and PyTorch can provide instant support on websites, answering donor queries 24/7. AI can also personalise content and donation prompts based on user data, ensuring a tailored experience.
Data Insights with AI
- Targeted Outreach: AI can analyse past and current data within your CRM to identify potential donors and personalise outreach strategies. DataRobot and Power BI are some tools that can help identify patterns and trends for targeted communication.
- Behavioural Nudges: Utilising behavioural science principles, AI can prompt and encourage recurring donations. AI algorithms can analyse user behaviour and send timely reminders or personalised content to drive regular giving.
- Donor Retention Strategies: AI-driven scoring systems, like the one offered by Dataro, predict donor behaviour and identify potential lapsing donors. Proactive strategies can be implemented to retain donors and ensure continued support.
- A/B Testing: AI can automate A/B testing processes, comparing different campaign messaging to improve conversion rates. Platforms like Optimizely and Dynamic Yield use AI to analyse user behaviour and offer actionable insights for optimisation.
Caution and Human Intervention
While AI can greatly enhance your digital fundraising efforts, human intervention and caution are essential. Be cautious with AI-generated content and imagery to ensure authenticity and brand voice.
Be mindful of ethical concerns when using AI for profiling donors or determining donation amounts.
And almost most importantly, be extremely cautious in adding personal or account data into a third-party AI tool. Ensure you read the terms and conditions of use of the tool before considering uploading any sensitive or personal data.
Embracing AI in the realm of digital fundraising can significantly enhance user journeys and provide valuable data insights. By leveraging AI for content creation, personalisation, targeted outreach, and data analysis, charities can optimise their fundraising efforts and build lasting donor relationships. However, a balance between AI and human intervention is crucial to ensure ethical practices and maintain authenticity in communication with donors.
Note: This blog is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice. It is strongly recommended to thoroughly research and evaluate AI tools before integrating them into your fundraising strategies.
Don’t forget, if you’d like to watch the webinar, please drop us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org