Charity fundraising is set to receive a major boost with the launch of goDonate Plus – a SaaS solution that allows organisations to tailor supporter journeys on their website and drive them to make donations.
The solution is unique to the UK in bringing together fundraising campaigns and payment technology. It is already used by charities including NSPCC, Royal British Legion and Battersea, among others.
While the third sector is often seen as lagging behind in the technology stakes in comparison to the wider fintech arena, goDonate Plus embraces cutting-edge features, including:
- Built-in digital wallets like ApplePay, GooglePay and PayPal for slick donor experience and efficient data capture
- Auto scaling via serverless technology, to ensure payment systems stay available for all donors during activity spikes such as disaster appeals and high-profile celebrity endorsement
- Seamless integration with charity websites to handle online donations in a fully branded, consistent experience across mobile to desktop
- Simple-to-use CMS for fundraisers to tailor their donation and campaign journeys – from initial donation form to ‘thank you’ page & email
- Full campaign/appeal tracking; view of individual records and donations; integration with Google Analytics
- Integrates with back-end CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Care, Dynamics and Salesforce
- Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant and GDPR compliant
The solution underpins a streamlined, consistent donor experience and is easy for fundraising professionals to use, so they don’t need digital technology expertise to manage campaigns.
goDonate Plus offers clear advantages – not least increased revenues – for charities looking to provide seamless donor journeys. Organisations already enjoying the benefits of goDonate features include:
- Battersea – A/B tests revealed an uplift in donations of 63% after the charity switched to the solution
- Alzheimer’s Society – Conversion rate jumped from 22% to 65%
- Prostate Cancer UK – saw 31% increase in donations
Vicky Reeves, Managing Director, goDonate, said: “Charities told us they wanted more control over the donation experience for appeals and campaigns. For example, the ability to create a donation funnel for a Christmas cash appeal or disaster fund, with the ability to tailor the donation prompts, messaging, imagery, fields and other features.
“This really is unique in the UK market. We know that conversion rate is higher for fundraising appeals when the messaging is consistent from the initial ask right through to the paying of the donation. Giving fundraisers the tools to create custom donation journeys for campaigns is a game-changer for many charities.”
Gaenor Hall, Senior Fundraising Manager at Scripture Union, a goDonate Plus customer, comments: “Technology is a challenge – I use it mainly because I have to. When we needed to change our donation site my initial reaction was dread.
“However, goDonate is logical to use, allowing bespoke set-up and connection with supporters. We can add a variety of payment methods, and multiple giving pages tailored to many different campaigns. It gives us the diversity of options we require.”